Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My "Catch Up" Post

I love this time of year! My things to do from the school year is winding down...our school year with CC is over, we are finishing up with our school at home (finishing with our big trip to VA and PA), girl scouts is over, but also I am looking ahead to what the summer has in store...Synod and Bonclarken, birthdays, beach, pool, seeing the CO crew, catching up on craft projects I don't have time for the other times of the year!

Here is a basic "run-down" and "things to come" list from the Sims...
>S is now potty-training! yay! For so long, he just didn't care! But thanks to the help of the Easley crew, he is getting it!! (see previous post...ha!)

>Izz loves homeschooling and CC! She recieved the Memory Master Award from school last month, which means that she memorized all her facts this year and could recite any of it back to the 3 people that quizzed her! This, in my opinion, is quite an accomplishment! She has an incredible memory! Some of the things she had to memorize was 160 timeline happenings (starting with creation all the way to modern wars and space race), all the presidents, 24 weeks of science and history facts, latin noun declension endings, 24 geography places in Africa, Americas,and the Middle East, and Math terms and facts. WOW!

>P is learning to read, but that is slow coming too. He would rather solve math facts and problems, put together puzzles, or play with army stuff or legos!

>MyMy- "Ms Independent"! She has a sweet heart and a love for her brothers and sister, but has an opinion and is NOT scared to tell it! ha!

>K is finishing school!!! I want to scream from the rooftops! He started this 7 years and 3 kids ago!! So now, after Saturday's graduation from Erskine, he will be the Rev. Dr. Sims! Not that this will be a pay increase, or some great title, but he learned alot from his classes that he uses in his ministry. And the fact that he stuck with it and finished! I am so proud of him!

>my whiole family (Mom and Dad, Aunt Louise and Claudia, all 6 of us, lauren, and Bryan) was able to get together and spend a great Sunday! Bryan was on this side of the country for a wedding, so everybody came to see us here for church and then just sat around, laughed, talked, and ate! We also got to go see my sister's new house! Oh, (even though this won't make sence to anybody else, but my siblings) we got to experience the rescue squad and show alittle happy!!! HA!

>CC is over, but we signed up again for next year (they asked me to be a tutor again)! So I am already looking ahead to next year and what we will be presenting. I love teaching!

Hope everyone has a great start to their summer! Stay cool!

No comments: