Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Voice

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself" Mark 12:30 &31

I have heard that little "voice", the nagging feeling, that we know as the Holy Spirit quite a bit lately- Whether it be my husband's link article, the speaker we had at the ladies lunch, my SIL's blog, and circle bible study. It seems I keep hearing the same 2 things-I need to be spending more time in the word, being intentional about it (learning, soaking, being renewed) and looking out for others (not caught up in what is going on around me, my struggles and problems). Every time I hear this voice I know I need to put forth the effort, but then the world comes rushing in. And even though most of the time it is good things that I am getting accomplished, God is pushed to the backburner. So I need all of you to "come along beside me" and to gently remind me and pray for me. Thank you!!
And to all of you who are reading this- What is God telling you? What is the "voice" asking of you?

No comments: