Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Traditions

"Its the most wonderful time of the year"...
Even though Christmas can be one of the busiest/craziest times of the year, it is also the most special. Not only because I love to be with family, seeing the excitement in & thru my kids, picking out that special thing for those I love, but also because of the memories, traditions, and the reason for Christmas! I am one of those people that starts my shopping/making of gifts in the summer and the one who looks forward to Christmas music 24/7!
Some of the things that we did this year: Fire Department Christmas Party, Christmas caroling to some of our church members, Christmas baking (we made goodies for the guys at the fire department, cookie exchange, and the Sunday school teachers...so we made over 16 dozen cookies and chocolate covered treats...yum!), Christmas cards, parties at the church, shopping, decorating, wrapping, dinner parties with friends at the house. The garland is a new addition in our decorating this year (it was K and Iz's idea after visiting the White House last year). But I have to say that it is one of my favorites in the house! These are some of the kids from our church. After we went caroling, we came back to decorate the church's tree and have pizza.

For the past 2 years, K's mom has come up to bake and decorate with the kids! They made gingerbread cookies and peanut brittle.

I Love this one with flour on his nose! She was so patient with them, and they had so much fun (esp S with the sprinkles and sugar)!!
Instead of buying each of the kids an ornament this year, Mamama made these glitter balls with them to hang on our small tree in the kitchen! They were so cute! I need to get a picture of these on the tree before we take them down!

No comments: