Monday, December 21, 2009

Looking Back and thus Looking Ahead


I spent most of November writing and listing things that I am thankful for. We are blessed with SO much and I was glad for the time that I spent thinking about these! It is so easy to get caught up in the business of life (stress, deadlines, irritations, etc) that you can miss the joys!! Some of which were...laughter of my children, different personalities that make them who they are, wonderful smells, colors that are around us, answers to prayers, sweet phone calls that were made when I needed them...and I could go on and on!

But now we are moving into the last time of the year, and definitely one of my favorite holidays...Christmas!! I love Christmas music, spending time with the kids, buying gifts for the ones we love, the decorations, cards, etc., but I am finding myself falling into that stressed, not-enjoying this kind of feeling. So as I have been pulling things out this week, I want to keep this feeling of thankfulness. Remembering the real reason for this season!

No comments: