Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!

Today my little S turned 3! Wow! Sometimes I wonder how I got everything in, or even felt like it...thinking back 3 years ago...it was Christmas time (granted I only had 2 kids) but I wrapped, decorated, and had Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners at my house all while being 38 weeks pregnant! I also remember telling myself, "just make it thru Christmas", I didn't want this baby born till a few days later. He needed his own special day, so I was happy it worked out that way! Plus, everyone kept saying, "oh poor thing thing, with a birthday so close to Christmas. He will never get to celebrate."
So I have always been conscience of keeping them separate. I know there are somethings he has to give up or accept (presents all at 1 time of the year,etc) having a birthday 3 days after Christmas, but I hope he also realizes how special he is, what he has gained, and how both sides of his family has really tried to keep them separate for him!
A big gain that I saw this year is that since it is the holidays and we were with family, he had most there with him to celebrate...two times!







Now as I think about your next year of life, wondering what it will hold, there is one thing I am hoping for...no more diapers! :)

No comments: